Saturday, December 12, 2009

# 166 I Can

Victim by mgm photography..
Spent an afternoon calling up cancer patients. It was, i can't really describe the flickering of feelings and atmosphere of emotions. Therefore, indescribable.

Answers were rather pleasant and happy. I don't dare and am not in any position to judge whether the laughter i heard through the phone was sincere or not, but i clearly understand that i can't even feel good when talking to them. When running my eyes through their portfolio, I found the statement saying "third stage cancer" while listening to their voice. This man, this woman might be talking to the last person while on earth.

There was a this call. The son picked up and i talked a little. When i asked about his mother who was a cancer patient, there was a brief silence. I said "WAS" because she left a week ago. I can hear him holding back his cries and tears, trying to answer me.

"YOU GUYS SHOULD HAVE DONE SOMETHING EARLIER! WHERE WERE YOU?!"
~ family member of a late cancer patient

"Oh, ayah sudah mati bulan April."
~a small boy, a son of a late cancer patient


Do something. Live.RevAmp Conference 09.


"My amount is little, but my support is sincere." ~ cancer donor A

And the tears come streaming down your face
When you lose something you can't replace
When you love someone but it goes to waste
could it be worse?

Lights will guide you home
and ignite your bones
And I will try to fix you

Tears stream down your face
When you lose something you cannot replace
Tears stream down your face and I...

Fix You ~ Coldplay

Yet, i did manage to describe it to the best of my words.

2 comments:

  1. Ooo i remember this. must have been difficult aye?

    but not all those quotes were from u rite? someone else got that answer....

    ReplyDelete